Investigative Due Diligence
We help evaluate the risk in embarking on any kind of partnership or embracing a commercial opportunity with third parties.
The right examination and careful analysis is paramount to ensuring that the right decisions are made with competence and confidence in achieving positive outcomes or with the least possible loss.
Comprehensive due diligence is especially important in today’s business environment
Regulatory requirements, employee turnover, economic decay and the globalisation of business, all increase the level of exposure and threat of fraud.
Corporate financial dealings are multi-layered and global in scope. No matter how small or complex the business matter, there is a constant risk of fraud and illegal exposure for all parties involved.
We offer insight and proactive risk assessment on businesses and individuals with guaranteed confidentiality.
• Corporate filings, including company registration information, directors, owners, principals, affiliates, financial statements etc.
• Civil litigation research
• Criminal litigation research
• Credit checks and credit scoring
• Research of tax liens, judgments and bankruptcy filings
• Checking for involvement or exposure to political environments
• KYC Checks
• Research of property ownership records
• A review of all relevant regulatory authorities applicable
• Extensive worldwide and local language media research (including tracing and reviewing social media accounts)
• Reputational inquiries and human intelligence
• Site visits
Reputational Enquiries and Human Intelligence
In today’s business environment of economic turbulence and the internalization of business, the level of exposure to fraud is more than ever looming.
The continuous jeopardy of becoming a victim of deception creates the necessity for going even beyond what is publicly available and reaching for information and intelligence below the surface from willing sources that will share insight and knowledge otherwise not obtainable.
Our experienced investigators identify sources to interview for the purpose of creating a profile on the subject of the investigation with the aim to identify potential conflicts of interest, allegations and rumors of regulatory or criminal actions and more.
The investigative methods employed are appropriate to the level of analysis required by our clients and are always managed with the outmost discretion.
Interviewees are asked to provide us with their general views regarding the subject of the investigation, any negative rumors, and scandals, political influences including also any allegations for involvement in bribery, corruption, organized crime or otherwise disreputable or illegal activity.
All information obtained is then compiled and shared with our client.